Friday, March 14, 2014

Balsamic Salad Dressing

It's said that even small changes make a difference. One of the changes I am committed to making is in my salad dressings, sauces, and rubs. I don't know why I buy them at the grocery store when it is so easy to make your own. I suppose it's also easy to have them on hand in the fridge and cupboard for lazy days.

It bothers me that most salad dressings are full of ingredients I can't pronounce, high in sugar and most condiments have preservatives.

As I journey through making my own, I want to share as many of the recipes with you that I can. I am starting today with my favorite salad dressing. It's actually not my recipe, my friend Dana gave it to me. I especially love this salad dressing with spinach salad, of any kind! Today I was dreaming of spring, so our salad had fruit and nuts in it.



Balsamic Salad Dressing

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. Agave nectar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 small clove garlic
3 1/2 tbsp. olive oil

Mix together in a small mason jar and shake vigorously. Dressing can be kept in the fridge for a week to 10 days. Actually you can keep it longer, but the garlic gets stronger, and frankly, it will be gone before a week is up because it is so yummy!





 I hope that you will try it and let me know if you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

Tannis
                                                                                                                                                                     
<                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment