Monday, March 21, 2011

First Days of Spring

I wish I was writing about the beautiful weather, spring fever, grass peaking through on the lawn, the garden I am planning. Sadly, I am not! It seems like spring is taking forever to come a calling! By now I would normally be pulling out my capri pants, washing them and making sure I have a new top to go with them. I would be planning the garden, making a list of the new foliage and flowers I want to experiment with... you get the picture right? I think we are all feeling the same way.

I did take some time today to think of Mother's Day and Easter, and this is what I came up with.


The other day I was inspired to work with purple and blue for Mother's Day!

Today though, it was green, and my new favorite from Stampin Up, crumb cake.



I also have a sale that is close to Easter, so I thought I would try making some of these cute little kids Easter treat boxes. I did some in yellow, later in the week I will try a different color. This was more of a practice run, and a good way to use some of my leftover spring Creative Memories paper! I love finding ways to use my scrap paper!



Easter treat boxes


Since the sun was not shining, and we are all a little dreary around here, Haley and I went and bought rain boots so that we can at least go for a walk. The only color left in my size was red! I normally do not wear anything red, but I thought for rain boots, they would be fun!

So we are ready to take the dog for a walk tomorrow after an early end to the school day (and before tutor), yikes, I forgot to remind her! We are hoping for sunshine, and no ice to slip on, because we are both very good at randomly falling!

So I know they are not the most fashionable of rain boots, but what do you think! Bring on the puddles!

Have a great week everyone!

Tannis

No comments:

Post a Comment